Why "Just Because...In Blue"?

I am using google adsense on my "Just Because..." blog.

The Adsense terms of service specifically prohibit posting "offensive" material. That rule severly limits some of what my brain vomits out. So, I will be spewing my Blue material here for those who dare to read.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

After Bar Food

Being in a band, I've found that there are certain foods that rock after bar time. Taco Bell is number one hands down. We used to play at a place called the "Doctor's Office". Taco Bell is right across the street. It was funny because by the time we'd be done playing, only the drive thru would be open. We would have to get in the car, drive 1/2 a block and go through the drive thru.

There are certain other fall backs if there is not a Taco Bell available and it's 1:30 in the morning.

Once, after a gig in Kenosha, we ended up stopping at a Kwik Trip gas station after getting turned around and heading the wrong way out of town. They had the most glorious selection of gorf (an old school term for junk/drunk food) I'd seen in awhile. They had Tornadoes. These are like a Corn tortilla cylinder with various fillings. I had a spicy chicken thing and a steak something-or-other. I also got a chili-cheese dog that was not a Tornado but it was wrapped in a tortilla-type thing.
Food of the 1:30 a.m. Gods I tell ya.
Another favorite of mine is the White Castle Slider. These are available at Aldi's and at Pick 'N' Save. They rock!

Hot Pockets aren't too bad either when I'm not out, and don't want to/can't drive the extra 10 blocks to the Taco Bell.

So. There it is. Time wasted on mindless shit. Lame as hell. Feel free to throw some other favorite after-bar foods at me. Figuratively speaking of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment